Monday, October 09, 2017

Welcome to der Family : der Pacemakers #39

First I would like to thank Captain Ronnie for the invitation to join the Pacemakers family.

My name is Phang Tze Hau, born in Kuching and 43 years old. I work for an engineering company as Subcontracting Manager.

I was never a runner during my younger days. In fact I used to doubt my ability in running. Those days I could not even run for 1km. I was puzzled when I saw hundreds of marathoners running in SCKLM 2010 version. How on earth could they run the distance of 42km? Are they nuts? Are they all super humans?


So how and why I start running?

My journey in running started in May 2014, one month before the trip to conquer Mount Kinabalu. To prepare for the trip, I chose running over other types of fitness training because of the influence from my wife Samantha. Besides, it is also time effective and convenient to me.

I first ran around my neighborhood, then at Titiwangsa park. I continued to run after I returned from the KK trip and that time I decided to join a race event. As a beginner, SCKLM 2014 was the only race I knew in KL. I was forced to register the full marathon category as the half marathon slots were then sold out. Luckily I did my first full marathon with a decent sub-5h time.

I met sifu Lee Teck Wai (PM57) one week before SCKLM 2014 at Lake Garden and joined him for the first time to run the LG-Hartamas-LG LSD route. Teck Wai did a sub-4h marathon that year and that really inspired me to train regularly and aimed to become a sub-4h marathoner. My first sub-4h marathon was achieved in SCKLM 2016, with the help from ultra sifu Raymond Foo.

Today running has become an important part of my life. I enjoy training together with group of passionate and highly motivated runners, be it the hard training days with Captain Ronnie or just the easy run. I join races once or twice a month and occasionally have luck for podium finish.




My long term goals are to run injury free and dream to beat Boston Qualifying Time one day.

Other fun facts of mine:

I am a minimalist runner but not yet thrown away my running shoes.
I have 4 pairs of Saucony Kinvarra 6 for rotation and may stick to this model until I’ve found an equivalent replacement.
My first race event was 2014 2XU HM, but my first registered event was actually SCKLM 2014 full marathon category.
My Personal Best:

10km – 44:38
HM – 1:42:48
FM – 3:43:50

100km – 15:30:18 (the one and only race – Titi Ultra 2017)

Lastly I would like to end this introduction with a quote from Julie Isphording – Run Often, Run Long. But Never Outrun Your Joy of Running.

Happy running!

brought 2u by
Phang Tze Hau @ PM39
My FB : Click here!

1 comment:

thanida said...

Wow astonishing article i appriciat this post a debt of gratitude is in order for sharing.
ยูฟ่าเบท