Friday, October 06, 2017

Welcome to der Family : der Pacemakers #55



Hi Everyone! It is an honor and privilege to be a part of the Pacemakers family in the running community, Thanks Captain Ronnie See for the invitation.

I would like to introduce myself- Peter Tam, you can call me Peter or Pete. During my younger days, used to be fat and chubby, being call a 'fei zhai' fat in Cantonese
was a norm to me.

How did i took up running? My dad was a marathoner, he joined a club in Ipoh called KRI (Kelab Roarunners Ipoh), i used to follow him not for running, but to the play ground.

Guess my weight was getting heavier after i left high school in 1997, better to do something about my weight and i start to join my dad's friend for a short run. Back in 1997, there were 2 routes to choose, the 0.8km and 1.3km loop. I remembered i can't even finish jogging a 1.3km loop back then..... :(

After weeks of training i could do better and better and started to join them for LSD, a 16km route on Sundays. Did my first Ipoh Half Marathon in 1998, completed within 2 hours 13 mins, after that i've participated in a couple of half marathons till 2005 which is my last HM in PJ Half Marathon with a PB of 1 hours 48 mins before taking a break due to study and work.

I started running again in Jan 2014, had a couple of Ipoh friends which motivated me to pick it up, from then on met many running sifu's and friends which i've gain a lot of knowledge on running and experience. I took up the challenge to take part in my first Full Marathon in SCKLM 2014, happy to completed it in 5 hours 33 mins, i could still remember the joy of crossing the finish line! even though the legs doesn't feel like mine and i kind of told myself this will be my first and last FM. haha


After weeks pass by, was telling myself i think i could do better than that..... a sub 5 maybe. Cut the story short, i manage to do a sub 4 in 2016 in SCKLM. It was a great achievement
with a timing of 3:59:59 gun time , i was like chasing the bullet train the last 500 meters looking at the clock ticking every second to the finish line..... Phew! i did it! Till date I've ran
8 marathon's and 1 ultra marathon- 70KM.


Will be going to Osaka this coming November and will try to break 3 hours 50 mins this coming FM. Hope for the best!

*Der Spirit of Pia*

Personal Achievement:
5KM: 22 min 05 sec
10KM : 47 mins 23 sec
21KM: 1 hour 43: 43 sec
42KM: 3 hours 59 mins 50 sec

brought 2u by :
Peter Tam @ PM55
My FB : Click here!

5 comments:

Sukardi Kardi said...

Asalamu alaikum wr wb.!!
Izin dari saya bpk sukardi asal malang jawa timur mempublikasikan cerita kisah sukses saya yg sebenarnya siapa tau bisa bermanfaat kpd orang2 yg melihat pesan saya ini. Saya sangat berterima kasih banyak kpd AKI WIBAWA atas bantuan pesugihan dana ghaib nya kini kehidupan kami sekeluarga sudah jauh lebih baik dari sebelumnya,ternyata apa yang dikatakan oleh orang yg mengaku dirinya mantan TKI yg perna di bantu sama beliau benar2 terbukti dan saya adalah salah satunya orang yang sudah membuktikannya sendiri,usaha yang dulunya bangkrut kini alhamdulillah sekarang sudah mulai bangkit lagi itu semua berkat bantuan beliau,saya tidak pernah menyangka kalau saya sudah bisa sesukses ini dan kami sekeluarga tidak akan pernah melupakan kebaikan AKI,,bagi anda yang ingin dibantu sama AKI WIBAWA silahkan hubungi di +6282 316 693 678 siapa tau beliau masih bisa membantu anda, Kata beliau pesugihan ini satu kali seumur hidup alhamdulillah tanpa tumbal atau efek samping..
Sekian dan terima kasih semoga bisa bermanfaat...





Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thanida said...

Thank you for explaining it so well. Keep mailing great posts, sir.I agree with you.
แทงบอล

thanida said...

Great article. Glad that I read this and I plan to utilize few of your tips on the double.
เว็บย่อลิ้ง
เว็บย่อลิ้งค์
ย่อลิ้ง
ย่อurl
ย่อเว็บ

Unknown said...

ucuz takipçi
ucuz takipçi
tiktok izlenme satın al
binance güvenilir mi
okex güvenilir mi
paribu güvenilir mi
bitexen güvenilir mi
coinbase güvenilir mi