Monday, July 21, 2008

DER PACEMAKERS #54

Name: Prabu S/O Jeyaseelan
Date of Birth: 23 September 1987
Hometown: Cheras, Kuala Lumpur
Year of Running: 1999 (November)
Contact No.: 012-2757067
Email: prabu_Jeyaseelan@yahoo.com
Website: prabu-jeyaseelan.blogspot.com

I started to join running competition since 1999 in ‘Berjalan untuk negara' event organised by the Ministry of Sport. I was 12 years old. I represented my school (SRK Jalan Pasar 1) for the competition and I just managed to get certificate only. Since that day, I often participate in all the running competitions.

One day, when I was walking back from school, I saw a building named ‘Wisma OCM’. I walked into the building, and then I got to know it was the building of the Federation Territory Athlete Amateur Association (FTAAA). From that day onwards, I started to go to the office every weekend to get updated with the running events. I had taken part in all the competition organized by FTAAA, since then I enjoyed running and collect certificates. At that age, certificates for me were something which gives me that kind of achievement. I got my first medal in ‘Bukit Mertajam High School Walkathon’ in year 2003, I was very happy like I had got a medal in Olympic game. That was my last medal in 2004.

In 2005, I met a new friend, Kei Ming (currently PM55). He had seen I was filling up the form of Power Run, he was curious and asked me to fill him up as well in the coming event. So we decided to go training at Taman Tasik Permaisuri. We took part in ‘Larian Pengguna 2005’ together for the first time, the finisher medals were given to the top 100 runners. I placed 86th and he placed 98th. That was his first running medal and we were very happy, the feeling was indescribable. He said thanks so many times and he was proud of himself that he managed to get his first medal in his first competition although he was suffering. Since then we participated in all the events. We practiced hard to upgrade ourselves to take part in the next 10km, 15km, and 20km.


When we wanted to find out the information of ‘Pahang State Relay Competition’ on 16th December 2007, we found that there was a website called Der Pacemaker Network, we were thinking of who are they and what are they doing? They advertised the Pacemaker Network Run on the 1st January 2008 but the registration was already closed. We search for the contact numbers of the people in charge. I contacted Mr. Ronnie but he could not attend the call, I tried to call another person, Mr KP Tan. KP Tan said the entry for the competition had already closed but he would try to talk to Ronnie for the permission to register us as well in the competition. A week later, Mr. KP Tan called me saying that both of us were accepted to join the competition. Since then we always check out their website for the upcoming events.

After the ‘Larian Jelajah KSN’ on 13th July 2008, I was told by Kei Ming that we were accepted to be part of the Pacemaker’s Family. My dream has come true. I am happy and excited to join the pacemaker's family as a member, so I promised myself perform better in the coming events.

2 comments:

C-CUBE said...

Prabu, welcome to the pia kau kau lat team. and if u need a running shoe, do let me know as I am selling Saucony.

KEVIN MEETS THE STARS said...

Welcome Prabu! The more runners the merrier and is good to see more healthy people!