Monday, July 12, 2010

Seremban Half Marathon - Jean Pierre Lautredoux experience

Jean Pierre Lautredoux experience in this morning Seremban Half marathon.

This morning i won Seremban 21k overall...this was followed by the usual complain from Thana who wants only his runners run & win the races. The race was open to Malaysians, PR & expats with working permit. The organizer called me with the mic to show a proof of PR or WP. I showed him my WP & he was satisfied.

But this Thana still continued to ... See morepush the organizer & federation to disqualify me. Thana came with his athlete Ganesan (2nd in my cat), wanted to see my WP. I told him, he was nothing to me, i didn't hv to show them a proof, only to the organizer. They were very aggressive, threatening, even asking my wife if she was Malaysian (hahaha...bodoh lah), asking her IC !!! Who does he think he is? Police? Immigration? Some more Ganesan telling me he was a competitor !!! I told him he was not a competitor as rather than use his legs to win, he tried to disqualify me to get the 1st spot. This ending by "you will see..." from them.
I was interviewed by a Star reporter. When i told her the story, she stopped to write & said: "TQ, bye". If medias support these ppl !!!

Later, I made a police report for harassment & threatening to protect myself & my family. I don't want things that happened in PD half marathon 2 years ago happen to me in one of the races. Two Kenyans were beaten by some indian guys (who waited for them in a quiet area) during the race.

I ran for more than 30 yrs & i never got this type of argument. I ran in many countries, ppl were all the time happy to see me run & here few guys make the mess for us foreigners. This is racism & anti-sportive.

I come there to run, have fun, meet friends & make new friends. Really a bad day.

12 comments:

Jeff said...

This is truly sad

IJAM said...

They just want the money. But we just want for the love of sport.
Congratulations ronnie!!

sgloong said...

we support u Frenchman.... dont worry about them... if they just wanna be jaguh kampung (village champion) then let them be.... agree with Jeff... this is truly sad for malaysian athletics...we should welcome competition and learn from the best... not bar them from running

aHlanG said...

my sis experience is some one in front guide her wrong direction n lose ..haha

慧沁 Wai Sum said...

shame of them......it's not only a sad story for Malaysian athletics, but sad story for media as well...how can they just keep quiet and walked away? I have heard so many bad things about Seremban half, I think I will stay away from this run forever.

Anonymous said...

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

Unknown said...

"Buat Malu Aje". The problem with us is that we always blame others instead of improving ourselves. Be it in sports, politics & etc.,in this BolehLand, nothing new. Personally, I don't think of any good reasons why the foreigners should be banned from competing here, as long as they entered the country legally. Shame on you, who ever you are!

Khoo kong wah said...

If what Jean said hapened, then this is v sad. No offense intended as I always hear both sides & build my perspective.

Anonymous said...

If a runner meets all the requirement set up by the organizer, he deserves to be the real winner. There shld not be any dispute at all. We shld not be jealous with somebody achievement.

Poor Malaysians! Malu-lah...

Anonymous said...

Indians are brought into this land to work in estate and remain pariah..hahaha..lol

Anonymous said...

I dunno why some people always like this??
Envy, jealousy, hey come on..that guy (Peter) train so hard everyday to win the race and since he had meets with all the requirement organise by the Organiser, he deserved to claim the NO 1 SPOT ok...
As a Malaysian, we should compete with this kind of runners like Peter or the Kenyan Rider...that's why they can be top of the world in the Marathon and won every races...

Anonymous said...

Please comment openly and respect others. Other person's disgrace does not represent the entire community or race.
V shall be sporting, respect and live harmony and peace.