Saturday, February 11, 2012

Welcome to der Family : der Pacemakers # 83 (Mata Weng Woo)

Hey all, I’m going to introduce myself here. My name is Woo Weng Kwong or Weng Woo, some called me Mata. Why Mata? Haha! Cause I’m a Police Voluntary Reserve (PVR), that is my part time job. My day time job is an IT Support.

Before I was active in running, I’ve joined hiking, some of the famous gunung in east and west Malaysia, Mount Kinabalu, Mount Tahan, G7 Hill and etc. I also like other sports like futsal, basketball, bowling, badminton, table tennis, swimming and etc.

I’m actually quite shocked to receive invitation from Captain Ronnie See aka PM1 to join the Pacemakers family. I would like to thank him for the guidance, advice and support.


I started training seriously when I first joined Adination of Runners KLCC (aNR) through my running friends. That was when I first met Captain Ronnie See in year 2010. From the training, I’ve learnt what is all about speed work, tempo run and fartlek. The training was on every Thursday, 6.30pm. I always went there after my work, with a happy face and smile, always made my friends laugh non-stop…...hahaha! After running, we always had a chat and sometimes had dinner before heading home. I believe running is a kind of exercise can build up our stamina and endurance. Its indirectly can benefit to my other sports as well.

These 3 years I do participant lot of runs event, no matter big or small event, such as KL Towerthon, Malakoff, Mizuno, Putrajaya Night Run, Putrajaya 12hrs Walk, X-Trail Solomon, Standard Chartered KL Marathon, Penang Bridge Marathon, New Balance 15KM, 20KM Run, Newton 25KM Run,Chinwoo Biathlon, Cicm Run, AdiNation Breakfast run. Adidas King of the road, Bareno 21km Run, Sundown Marathon, Pacemaker Relay Run and many more…..


My first Half Marathon 21km was Putrajaya Night Run on 6 Feb 2010 and I came back in 2hr 50mins. My leg was cramped at km16. I walked and ran back to the finishing line, with all my strength and might. From that moment, I told myself I will never enter Full Marathon 42km as running a mere 21km already caused me to death…

A year later, I had a talk with my friends. I didn’t know what I was thinking that time, but I’m obliged to attempt my first Full Marathon in my life. Then on Dec 2010, I signed up for my first Full Marathon which was Sundown Marathon at Singapore on 28 may 2011. My friend told me that we must train Long Slow Distance (LSD) to build up our endurance & mileage then only we will have confident in our Full Marathon. At that time I really don’t know what is all about LSD. I tried to maintain my pace to complete each of LSD training. Almost every weekend, a few months before major races, I trained hard with them. I never give up, although those training were quite tough for me. And also I have learnt to discipline myself to wake up early for the LSD training.


My First Full Marathon at Singapore really gave me a good memory. From the starting line to km10, I ran in a really slow turtle pace as the humidity was too high and the weather was quite hot, which made me have difficulty in breathing and maintaining a constant pace. After km21, I started back to my normal pace and ran all the way to the finishing line. I was expecting a sub-6 for my first Full Marathon but only managed to complete in 6hr 12mins.

As at now, I have completed 4 Full Marathon (Sundown Marathon, Standard Chartered KL Marathon, Putrajaya Night Run & Penang Bridge International Marathon) in year 2011, what a surprise!! As I did not expect to go this far……
In addition, I have signed up Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon 2012 & Sundown Marathon 2012…..


However, I will continue to run more races in the near future. No matter what kind of events, be it small or big races, I will always run with all my might and determination, as running is my life and with running, I can make many new friends, which make my life beautiful, fun, happy and also take many memorable photo ! ^^
Once again many thanks to Captain Ronnie See who has invited me to the Pacemaker Family and also thanks to my comrades & friends who always encourage me & support me for the running.

Thanks you & happy reading!
Woo Weng Kwong @ PM 83
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Weng.Woo


嗨,各位朋友! 首先我要先向大家自我介绍. 我叫邬永康, 有些人叫我’马打’, 咦,为什么叫我’马打’呢? 因为我是自愿后备警员,这也是我的副业,而我的正业则是资讯工业技术人员.
登山活动是我在跑步活动之前的主要运动.一些著名的东马与西马的高山如沙巴的神山,彭亨州的大汉山,G7山等等. 除此,其他我很热爱的运动有: 室内足球, 篮球, 保龄球, 羽球, 乒乓球,游泳等等.
说真的,, 当我收到Ronnie See aka PM1队长邀请我加入Pacemakers的大家庭时, 我真的很意外,有种受宠若惊的感觉! 我仅藉这机会向Ronnie See aka PM1队长给我的耐心的指导, 提供有建设性的建议及无限量的支持.


我正式开始进行严格跑步训练时是当我通过跑步的朋友而加入Adination of Runners KLCC(aNR)后。那是我在2010年第一次遇见Ronnie See队长的机缘。我在训练时学会了什么是speed work, tempo run 和 fartlek。训练课程是在每逢星期四傍晚六时半进行。通常我放工后就到那儿参与培训。我常以开心的笑脸参与培训的队友,幽默及风趣的言谈使我成为队友们的开心果.
我相信跑步是一种可以训练耐力及持久力的运动。它同时间接的帮助我在其他运动的方面的进度。
这三年来,我参加过无数的赛跑项目,有KL Towerthon, Malakoff, Mizuno, Putrajaya Night Run, Putrajaya 12hrs Walk, X-Trail Solomon, Standard Chartered KL Marathon, Penang Bridge Marathon, New Balance 15KM, 20KM Run, Newton 25KM Run,Chinwoo Biathlon, Cicm Run, AdiNation Breakfast run. Adidas King of the road, Bareno 21km Run, Sundown Marathon, Pacemaker Relay Run, 还有很多的赛跑项目…..

我的第一次半马拉松 21公里,是2010年2月6日的Putrajaya Night Run,并交出2小时50分钟的成绩。当我跑到16公里时,我的小腿突然抽痉,我用尽全力在半跑半走的情况之下到达终点。由于这21公里的赛跑几乎要了我的命,这可怕的经验已成为我的梦魇,我告诉自己以后将不会参加全马拉松42公里了.

一年后,我和朋友的一番长谈后,我也不知当时自己该怎样做,我只知道,我有这个使命要完成我生命中的第一个全马拉松。结果,在2010年12月,我签了我的第一个于2011年5月28日在星加坡举行的Sundown全马拉松。我的朋友告诉我,在全马拉松中我若要增加自信,我需要培训长途慢跑(LSD)以训练持久力与跑得更远能力。老实说,我当时的确不知道什么是LSD. 我尝试保持我的步伐以完成我的培训。在正式比赛前几个月,几乎每个周末,我与队友们进行严格的培训。虽然此次的培训对我是相当的严峻吃力,但我从没放弃。除此,我还学会了如何鞭策自己要早起参加培训.

我的第一个在星加坡的全马拉松给了我很多很美好的回忆。从起点到10公里处,由于气候高度潮湿与相当炎热,我感觉呼吸困难使我不得不放缓及平稳自己的步伐,因此我就以极慢的速度跑。过了21公里后,我开始恢复我正常的步伐直到终点。我预期自己的第一个全马拉松可以在6小时内完成,然而我却花6小时12分钟才完成整个路程.
现在,我已经在2011年完成4个全马拉松 (Sundown Marathon, Standard Chartered KL Marathon, Putrajaya Night Run & Penang Bridge International Marathon),这是个奇迹,我从没想过自己在那么短时间内可以攀得那高,去得那么远!


悄悄告诉你们,我已签了2012年的香港渣打全马拉松 (SCHKM 2012) & Sundown Marathon 2012了!
无论如何,在短期内我将会继续参加更多的赛跑无论是哪种类,无论是大型或是小型,我都会尽全力,尽决心去完成。在这儿我可以交到许多新朋友,我的人生因此而多姿多彩,开心以及拥有许多美好的回忆!
再一次的,我要感谢Ronnie See队长,领我进入Pacemaker的大家庭。我也要感谢我的伙伴和朋友们常给与我鼓励与支持.

谢谢大家的阅读!!
Woo Weng Kwong @ PM 83
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/Weng.Woo

1 comment:

kw gallery said...

SuperStar!!! Mata Woo^^ Welcomed to PM Family^^ bring me Wan Seik..Tau^^