Sunday, March 10, 2019

Welcome to der family Pacemakers #112 (Li Leen)

Hi everyone, I am Li Leen. Firstly, I would like to thank Captain Ronnie for inviting me to join Pacemakers. The hardest thing to write is about yourself. I did not know where to start my introduction at first. I hope I do not bore you with my running history.

Looking back at my running records, I ran my first 10km “marathon” in December 2008, under my university alumni activity (organised jointly with the alumnus in Singapore) at the Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore. 
First 10km run at Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2008.

Standard Chartered Marathon Kuala Lumpur 2010, 10 km category.
1.5 years later, I ran another 10km in Standard Chartered Marathon Kuala Lumpur. I registered for 2009 but can’t remember what happened as there is no finishing record. Back then, I was a “No Show Runner” (ref Adele's article : https://adeleruns.wordpress.com/2014/05/20/10-types-of-runners-youll-see-at-a-race-the-beginners-field-guide-to-spotting-runners/ ) I hope I don't do that anymore, without a valid reason anyway. So far so good. Trainings were not consistent back then and only happens nearer to event date. I did not dare increase my running distance, sticking to no more than 15km races. Then, I rested for about 19 months in 2012 before restarting again from ground zero in end 2013.

I joined my first trail run in 2014. Back then, I did not have a trail shoes and fell a few times during the event as the trail was muddy and slippery.

First trail event, Save the Rainforest Race 2014.
I finally had the courage to run my first half marathon in 2015 after being persuaded by a primary school friend. After the HM, I started to look for running groups to train together. I found a few and joined some groups (Pacesetters, TPRC, ADR, GCM Team MY in Training, MKRC, RFA and of late RunApekRun for trail running). I also started joining running clinics. I was running more consistently and joined more running events. Until one of the former Pacesetters President said I had a running fever, which is still burning. As a beginner, I used to be a Sprint-Walker. Luckily, I grew out of it and can now maintain a constant running pace, unless I'm my legs are really tired. 

First Half Marathon at Laguna Phuket International Marathon 2015.

One of the first few running groups that I joined, Saturday beginners’ group by Pacesetters.
In 2016, I registered for my first marathon. Sadly, I suffered an injury during a race which disrupted my marathon training. I DNF my first trail run as I was not event supposed to start. Once I recovered from my injury, I quickly got back to training and barely finished my virgin marathon within cut off time. 

First Marathon, Gold Coast Airport Marathon 2016.

First middle distance trail run, Cameron Ultra Trail 2016, 25km category.
DNF at CP4 for missing the COT as suffered an injury on the way to CP3.
At my first middle distance trail run, I suffered another injury and dragged myself to CP4 and was DNF by the organiser for missing the CP COT. I went underprepared, thinking it would be same as a road run. But climbing two mountains ain’t easy. 

Also, I did my personal worst marathon in my second one after coming back from that injury. 2016 was an injury filled year. So I read more and took time to go back to basics and corrected my running form. Running now became technical. Yet, I still enjoy it. Taking each race as a learning experience. Also meeting many more runners and learning from them. 

2017 was the year of many first, 1st relay, 1st podium, 1st beach run and meeting ultra runners. I discovered, there was a potential in trail running and ventured more into it. And I trained very hard for a sub-6 marathon.

Discovered the potential in trail running at Bangi
Wonderland Nature Trail Run 2017. I participated
as a Summersault Running Costume YOLOPacer.
First podium at MY10k@UPM Uni Farm Run 2017,
16km category Women’s Open, 5th placing.

In 2018, I did my first ultra trail and looping ultra. Also, I participated in more trail running events while trying to improve my half marathon timing.

First ultra trail, Sungai Menyala Forest Trail 2018.

Cameron Ultra Trail 2018, 55km category.
Hatyai Marathon 2018, Half Marathon category.
Karak Shilinmen Trail Run 2018.



PAR Series 2 2018.

Bukit Dinding Challenge 2.0
For 2019, I will be running my first road ultra in mid-March. I hope I can balance trail running and road running. I favour the former more as I love to spend time in nature. Besides running, I also volunteer at running events as part of giving back for the events I join.

Classics de Kiara 2019. First event for 2019.

I heard so much about Pacemakers and I am honoured that Captain Ronnie invited me to join. I am not a fast runner and hope to learn more from other members.


brought 2u by Ang Li Leen @ PM112
Li Leen Facebook : Click here!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Saya bapak fikri maaf jika saya lancang komen,saya cuma mau kasih info,bagi anda yang punya masalah ekonomi atau lagi di lilit hutang,saya cuma mau kasi solusi,barankali bisa mengikuti jejak saya,sebenarnya saya tidak perna percaya adanya pesugihan,tapi dengan keadaan sangat susah,apalagi di lilit hutang apa boleh buat,jadi saya minta bantuan sama Mbah Budianto,beliau kasi pesugihan uang gaib 5 milyar,alhamdulillah impian saya sudah tercapai,ini semua atas bantuan Mbah Budianto,saya bebas dari hutang bahkan sudah punya usaha,inilah dukun yang bisa di percya karna memberikan bukti,anda mau sukses seperti saya,silahkan konsultasi sama Mbah Budianto dengan cara hubungi no hp 082-333-257-999 atau kunjungi website

KLIK DISINI PESUGIHAN ASLI TANPA TUMBAL