Thursday, December 26, 2019

Welcome to der family Pacemakers #81 (Amber Chew Jia Qi)

Hi everyone, Amber here! Firstly, I would like to thank Captain Ronnie for inviting me into the Pacemakers Malaysia family which I feel so much loved in it and I sincerely apologize for the overdue report!

To be honest, I had never thought of running as a competitive sport though I was a runner back then. I have been indulging myself in only karate (am still) as a major sport while ‘part-timing’ as a runner in school. Running long distance would be my warm up before dreaded karate state training since primary and so I used to dislike running round and round the track as it was so boring. 

Fast forward to my university life when I discover my potential in long distance running which I have a strong basic of due to karate state training since small, I joined my first ever open race back then in PAR relay 2017 invited by Jerome Chua. That was when I was impressed and amazed by the passion of all the runners that influences me to fall in love with running.


Since then I started running on my own for 5km few times a week at Titiwangsa for 5 months and joined my first HM with a sub 2 as well as won myself a 15th place in Twincity 2018. I was motivated but injured due to insufficient mileage, then was forced to rest for weeks and afraid to start running again. I learned to pick myself up and try again, thanks to Sifu Ken Ten for the invitation to LGKL for training since March 2018. By then I realized how newbie I was in running as I had never received any guidance before. 

Pace, cadence, heart rate zone, negative splits, interval you name it and I didn’t know any of those. I am really thankful that PM family welcomes me with open arms and guides me through the way. Nevertheless, I am truly grateful for all the improvements and PBs especially in 2019 and was able to podium under PM wings. A lot of friendships come along with widened friend circles and I am really in love with the runners’ humbleness and love-to-share attitude as well as the passion towards running. No one cares who you are outside as long as you put on running attire, you are a runner!


Running has now become a new competitive sport to me yet I make sure myself to learn as a plain paper every single time. 2020 target has been set and so I shall work harder for that. I am still, the amateur Amber in the big big running world. A lot more to learn and push through but with PM training support and under such motivating environment, we shall all strive to be better together!


Here are my latest Pb to end 2019 with grace with PM family:

5km: 0.23.21 (ASICS Relay 2019)
10km: 0.43.43 (HSN 2019)
21km: 1.39.23 (Selangor Half Marathon 2019)
30km: 2.36.24 (Saucony Run 2019)

Brought 2u by Amber Chew Jia Qi @ PM81
Amber Facebook : Click here!

No comments: