Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Run For Terence (RFT)


As you're all aware our running kaki, triathlete, duathlete, commando ultrarunner, Terence (Penguin-6) has been diagnosed with brain tumour. With his wife not working and his own job is at stake, whatever assistance and support we extend him will be useful.

Runners are known as a supportive and positive bunch. It's time to come forward to help a fellow sportsman in need. Treatment for tumours are often expensive and debilitating. The patient will also be weakened substantially by all the drugs. Besides resting and taking proper food, it's also beneficial to take food supplements such as antioxidants. All these require money.

To show our support for him, Der_Pacemakers and friends are organizing a run in his honour, after which we'll be passing the hat around to collect some contribution for him. You can also pen down messages for him in a book. As this is a non-competitive run, please bring your own refreshments. Typical of Terence's care-free attitude, you can run any number of laps you want.

Date: Saturday Feb 4th
Time: 8am
Venue: KLCC Park, the large space between the carpark and the mosque
Distance: Any number of laps

Please turn up to support him and spread the word around. Thank you.

14 comments:

Keipo said...

I will come !

Anonymous said...

me too.

Anonymous said...

I will come along with some friends.

Regards,
PK

Boon Haw said...

I am coming too!!!Definitely!

Anonymous said...

I will run this day and bring along friends from Light&Easy club.

Anonymous said...

I know Terence and have paced with him at Singapore Marathon in year 2004. He is always smilling. I will pass the words around and be there with others.

Anonymous said...

Count me in!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have been reading yr blog for a while now and I would like to recommend a place, where I have been to and have talked to past stroke patients as well as cancer survivors, where help is available. Money is not an issue. If you can pass this message to Terence & wife, I can bring him to the place. THis is not a hoax. I'm just trying to help. The samaritan is on vacation until Feb 7. I can be contacted through email boxhill98@yahoo.com.sg

Irene

John said...

Running Couple will be there.

Anonymous said...

I will come with my family.

Jenny
9.22pm

Anonymous said...

i'm sure there will be lots of hot chicks. i'll be there

Anonymous said...

I only came to know about Terence's condition this morning. I'm shocked why such a thing can happen to a nice guy like him.

Terence, our prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. The few times I've met you, your never-ending smile and sunshine personality really brighten things up.

I'll be there with my 3 girls.

Jamie Pang said...

Lay and Penguin 11 (Chee Wee) will also be there!

Anonymous said...

Terence has NO tumour,its some built-up pressure in his skull caused by some weak arteries in his brain.His prognosis is good and he's now under painkillers,so he's OKAY!
Count me in for the donation ya