Thursday, May 04, 2006
PAR Run 2006 - Rules & Regulations
Dear all, we have come up with some simple rules for our PAR run which should help make it an enjoyable experience for everyone. We hope to get your participation in ensuring that everyone in your team are clear on the rules.
1. All payments must be received in full from each team (RM80) by May 14th, Sunday. This is to allow us enough time to get the trophies ready. Payments should be made per team and not per individual, as this will make coordination much easier.
2. All runner's are expected to be at the park by latest 7.30am on race day. The reason for this is to allow you to get to know your team members before the race begins. This is important, so that rule 3 can be practiced without problems.
3. Each team will be responsible for their own time keeping. This is to limit the number of volunteers or race officials required on that day. We do not want to draw too much attention from the guards. The last runner would be the time keeper for the first two runners, and the first runner would be the time keeper for the last two runners. Please ensure that each team has a stop watch with split time functionality, as recording each runner's split time would make it more interesting.
4. There will be no bibs/numbers provided for this race. This is to limit any attention that we might draw to ourselves during the event. Therefore it is vital that you recognise your own team members to ensure that the 'baton' passing during the relay, as well as the time keeping is carried out smoothly. So once again, please come early and get to know your team members!
5. Decide the order of runners by May 14th, Sunday. This is for the organisers to know who the time keepers are going to be (the first and last runners). This information must be provided along with the payment of RM80.
6. The running baton will be a 500ml water bottle. As real running batons are costly, we have decided to make the event interesting by using 500ml water bottles. To make it even more interesting, each runner must drink 1/4 of the water during his or her turn to carry the 'baton'. The last runner must ensure that the water is finished before ending the race.
7. Make sure you have fun and play fair. This is the most important rule of all. Everyone should turn up on that day with the intention of having fun and getting to know each other better. At the same time, since you guys and gals are the race officials for the day as well as the runners, please ensure that everyone follows the rules and plays fair, especially in the case of the time keeping.
Lastly, remember that safety always comes first. If you see any fellow runner in trouble, be ready to help out as there are no losers in this race, everyone is a winner!
Brought to you by DK (pm4) & Kapitan (pm1)